(SOLVED) I. Explain the term Social Hand Hygiene and give 2 examples of when it is should be used?
Question #1: a. Explain the term Social Hand Hygiene and give 2 examples of when it is should be used? b. Explain the term Antiseptic Hand Hygiene and give 2 examples of when to use it? c. Explain the term Surgical Hand Hygiene and give 2 examples of when to use it? Discuss the importance of Good Personal Skincare? d.
Expert solution paper
Social hand hygiene can be defined as the practice of social handwashing to remove dirt and debris, and prevent any microbial growth thus any infectious disease.
- It also clears transitory bacteria from the skin's surface. This is a crucial infection control procedure as well as a social standard aimed to prevent hazardous diseases from spreading across society.
- Warm water and antimicrobial soap are used for social handwashing.
- As a proper handwashing approach, people must scrub their dirty hands for 30 seconds in a clockwise direction. After that, people should use a napkin or a dry towel to dry their hands.
- After a thorough hand wash, the individual is left with clean hands.
- Handwashing like this should be done
- before eating,
- after going to the restroom
- when someone is probably coming within physical contact with other people.
Antiseptic hand hygiene:
- In contrast to social handwashing, antiseptic hand hygiene is a more strict technique for handwashing.
- This procedure is used to destroy bacteria on the skin's surface
- It also lowers the number of germs or viruses that live on the skin.
- Antiseptic substances are used to cleanse the skin's surface in combination with hot water.
- Chlorhexidine and iodine are two examples.
- It should be done when example:
- Before making contact with someone in a medical or healthcare setting
- It's also widely used in the restaurant business.
Surgical hand hygiene: is the strictest kind of handwashing, with major distinctions.
- In contrast to transient bacteria, this handwashing process removes resident germs that live on the skin's surface.
- Surgical gloves are frequently used immediately following this handwashing technique to prevent bacteria from coming to the skin's surface.
- The palms and wrists are cleansed up to the elbow during surgical rinsing. Sensors, rather than physical contact, are used to control the flow of water.
- The skin is washed for one minute with antiseptic detergent before being rinsed completely. To cleanse the skin, proper sterile cloths are used. This guarantees that medical treatments are carried out correctly, so the patient and instruments are kept free of cross-contamination and infection.
- It is used for example:
1. In the event that a medical glove is punctured/torn, transient microorganisms are removed and killed, and the resident microflora of the surgical team is significantly reduced and suppurated throughout the length of the operation.
2. pre/post-operational hand cleaning.
IMPORTANCE OF GOOD PERSONAL SKINCARE:
- Much more than your appearance depends on how well you take care of your skin. The skin, being your largest important organ, is critical to your overall health. It can assist you in taking care of yourself if you take better care of it. That's why having a good skin care regimen is essential.
- A comprehensive dental and hair care program can be coupled with skincare. All of these factors may serve as motivation to eat healthy food and exercise more.
- It all equates to you being happy and healthier.
- Applying sunscreen, wiping your face every day, and putting on a decent moisturizer will help you avoid invasive therapies in the future. Negligence can contribute to several other unavoidable diseases.
- Although if your face is shining right now, there's no assurance it will be after some days because fact that your skin cells are shed frequently.
- Unless you follow skincare, the skin you reveal in the future may be dry and full of blemishes.
- Many items are commercially available that can be used in your skincare routine.
- Rather than picking and choosing on your own, ask a specialist to assist you to figure out which products will help your skin the best. You should avoid starting too many treatments at once because this can harm your complexion and find it tougher to identify what is working.