The creation of the resume serves the valuable purpose of providing an inventory of your unique and compelling contributions. It is a summary of your brand and acts as your one-page marketing campaign, a tradition still honored and recognized in the 21st-century workplace. Make your resume stand out by using the most powerful verbs you can to describe your achievements.
- Participate in the Active Verbs activity in the topic “Writing a Winning Resume” of the Unit 2 Learning Content.
- Discuss your experiences as you worked through that activity.
- Describe the question in the activity for which you felt least prepared and explain why it was difficult for you.
- Describe the most important takeaway from the experience.
- Detail how you will use what you learned in this unit and the Active Verbs activity to promote yourself in your cover letter, resume, and responses to interview questions. Use 2 external sources to support your response.
APA Note: Using citations in your discussion posts is important to avoid plagiarism and paraphrasing offenses (refer to the syllabus and Herzing’s catalog). It is also an important part of the academic discussion to provide a scholarly reference for your comments; this gives your audience the opportunity for further research on the topic discussed. There are different guidelines or formats used for citing references. Herzing University has chosen the APA format for reference citation. Please refer to the Library for information on how to cite a reference using the APA format.