For this assignment, you will develop a presentation on a realistic clinical case on a topic that is of interest to you. Develop your presentation based on a clinical case that was seen during your experience or a topic that is of interest to you.
You will create a PowerPoint presentation with a realistic case study and include appropriate and pertinent clinical information that will be covering the following:
- Subjective data: Chief Complaint; History of the Present Illness (HPI)/ Demographics; History of the Present Illness (HPI) that includes the presenting problem and the 8 dimensions of the problem; Review of Systems (ROS)
- Objective data: Medications; Allergies; Past medical history; Family history; Past surgical history; Social history; Labs; Vital signs; Physical exam.
- Assessment: Primary Diagnosis; Differential diagnosis
- Plan: Diagnostic testing; Pharmacologic treatment plan; Non-pharmacologic treatment plan; Anticipatory guidance (primary prevention strategies); Follow up plan.
- Other: Incorporation of current clinical guidelines; Integration of research articles; Role of the Nurse practitioner
- The presentation is original work and logically organized, formatted, and cited in the current APA style, including citation of references.
- The presentation should consist of 10-15 slides
- Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to APA style (the library has a copy of the APA Manual).
Expert Solution Preview
Q: What is the purpose of this assignment?
A: The purpose of this assignment is for medical college students to develop a PowerPoint presentation on a realistic clinical case or a topic of their interest. The presentation should cover subjective and objective data, assessment, plan, and other aspects such as the incorporation of current clinical guidelines, research articles, and the role of the nurse practitioner. The assignment aims to improve students’ skills in presenting clinical cases and applying evidence-based practice.
Q: What are the content requirements for the presentation?
A: The content requirements for the presentation include a realistic case study with appropriate and pertinent clinical information covering subjective data (chief complaint, HPI, ROS), objective data (medications, allergies, past medical history, family history, etc.), assessment (primary and differential diagnosis), plan (diagnostic testing, treatment plan including pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic options, and follow-up plan), and other aspects such as incorporating current clinical guidelines, integrating research articles, and discussing the role of the nurse practitioner. The presentation should be logically organized, formatted, cited in the current APA style, and consist of 10-15 slides. Finally, the presentation should incorporate a minimum of 4 current scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources published within the last five years.